ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION (ANC) Headphones for Defense/Military Application
In high Integrity electronic products which caters the need of military and civil aerospace application unwanted environmental noise can cause distraction and can amount to loss of human resources as well as major economic losses . The unwanted sound can be reduced by using passive noise cancellation also known as noise isolation or by using active noise cancellation (ANR) /Active noise reduction (ANC) headphones.
Passive noise isolation fundamentally tries to block the offending sound wave by creating physical obstruction between the ears and the sound. In-ear canal and closed back headphones are few examples of headphones which are successful in reducing ambient noises by 8 to 12 dB.
Active noise-cancelling headphones uses two fundamental blocks that is the block which captures the sound and a speaker to amplify and play the sound in phase reversed form so that the the unwanted noise cancels out. ANR is the most effective defense against low-frequency noise like noises generated by engines, blowers, motors, fans, vacuums, pumps, generators and other similar devices are typically dominated by low frequencies —frequencies that cannot be stopped by passive earmuffs.
• Revolutionary Active Noise Reduction (ANR) headphone system reduces annoying low frequency sound in noisy environment.
• The chip measure external ambient noise using ANC circuitry with its built-in microphone and synthesizer with a sound in the opposite phase to reduce significant background noise
• Typically reduces 15-20 dB for a tonal noise at 200 Hz frequency.
• Ear cup pivot points that tilt for optimum comfort and efficiency.
• Stainless steel headband distributes weight for low-pressure fit.
• Lightweight adjustable headband provides superior fit Full-size ear cups.
• Low power consumption
|Noise Reduction Bandwidth||20Hz to 600Hz.|
|Decibel Reduction||15-20dB active noise attenuation at 100 to 400Hz (tonal noise).|
|Compatibility||300 ohm impedance audio system|
|Weight||Adds approximately 3ounces to original headset weight.|
|Power input:||9Volt DC power supply, +/- 5%|
|Power consumption||500 mA (max.)|
|-20°C to +70°C|